Pollution Prevention and Response sub-committee (PPR)
These aspects include:
- the prevention and control of pollution of the marine environment from ships and other related maritime operations
- safe and environmentally sound recycling of ships
- evaluation of safety and pollution hazards of liquid substances in bulk transported by ships
- control and management of harmful aquatic organisms in ships’ ballast water and sediments, and biofouling
- pollution preparedness, response and cooperation for oil and hazardous and noxious substances.
This Sub-Committee was formerly the Sub-Committee on Bulk Liquids and Gases (BLG).
Next session of this committee
The next Session is the: 4th Session of the Pollution Prevention and Response Sub-Committee (PPR 4).
Date: Monday 16 - Friday 20 January 2017
Location: IMO Headquarters, 4 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SR
Agenda: No agenda yet.
At the end of each Pollution Prevention and Response (PPR) Sub-Committee meeting, a final report is prepared for submission to the Marine Environment Protection Committee.
The final report provides a record of the issues discussed and actions taken by the Sub-Committee.