Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
WorkSafe NZ is leading implementation of health and safety reforms, with contributions from transport agencies involved in health and safety activity, including Maritime New Zealand (MNZ).
MNZ administers the HSWA and associated regulations for work on board ships and where ships are places of work. We also provide health and safety resources including guidance about implementing the HSWA in the maritime sector.
Among its considerations, HSWA and the supporting regulations address:
- the relationship between MOSS and HSWA
- responsibilities, duties and engagement
- the availability of adequate facilities, such as toilets and drinking water
- the management of asbestos
- the duties of recognised surveyors
For general information
Health and Safety
A guide for mariners
This guide provides information about your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 2015.
[PDF: 3.01Mb, 72 pages]