Using the maritime radio service
The radio handbook for coastal vessels is a guide to operators of ship and coastal radio stations and operators of VHF and SSB radios.
The radio handbook is your guide to marine communication. It includes:
- The correct procedures for communicating
- over the maritime radio network
- through radio telephone
- distress, urgency and safety calls
- Information about coverage and services
- Medical advice
- Additional information
- search and rescue management in New Zealand
- how radio works
- useful contacts
The handbook also includes two stickers for quick reference:
- VHF marine channels
- Radio distress calling.