Transitioning into SeaCert
If you have one of the below certificates you need to transition it if you want to continue to use it. The date that you need to do this by depends on what certificate you have.
- Mate Foreign Going
- Class 2 Deck Officer
- Second Class Engineer
- Second Class Motor Engineer
- Second Class Steam and Motor Engineer
- Second Class Steam Engineer
- Chief Engineer
- First Class Engineer
- First Class Motor Engineer
- First Class Steam and Motor Engineer
- First Class Steam Engineer
- Second Mate Foreign Going (issued before 2007)
- Master Foreign Going Class 1 Deck Officer
- Mate of Deep Sea Fishing Vessel
- Master of a Deep Sea Fishing Vessel
- Marine Engineer Class 6 (MEC6)
- Marine Engineer Class 5 (MEC5)
- Marine Engineer Class 5 (MEC5) Steam
- Marine Engineer Class 4 (MEC4)
- NZOM with STCW-95 endorsement
- NZOM with STCW-95 endorsement and with unit standards -
Note – this certificate has its own transitioning guideline.
The guideline below gives further details on what you need to do to transition your certificate, and the date that you need to do this by.
Contact us for more help
If you have any questions about transitioning, please contact our Personnel Certification team.
New Zealand (toll free):
0508 669 734
Calling from outside New Zealand:
+64 4 494 1559
Call us now
Tell us what you need help with and remember to include your contact details (email address and phone numbers).