Appoint or change a representative person
About appointing or changing a representative person
A representative person must be a New Zealand resident. The representative person appointed by the ships’ owner may:
- give Maritime New Zealand’s Registrar of Ships any document or other information that the owner would be required to produce to the registrar
- receive any documents that need to be passed on to the owner, relating to proceedings for any offence.
A ship owner must notify the Registrar of Ships that they have appointed a representative person, and provide:
- the name and address of the representative person – when they apply for the ship to be registered
- any change in the identity, or address, of the representative person. They need to do this within 14 days after any such change occurs.
- a completed Appointment/change of Representative Person (form SR1)
- a fee of NZ$245
For more information
If you have any questions about ship registration, contact us.
+64 4 473 0111