How to change an owner’s address

If you change the address that is on your Part B certificate of registration, you must notify the Registrar as soon as possible.

You need to supply a street address for the registration. We cannot register an address that is care of the ship, so you may need to use the address of a relative or friend if you are voyaging extensively overseas.

You may also provide postal and email addresses for our records.

To register your change of address, send an email to Maritime New Zealand at

Tell us:

  • your new street address or the registered office address if the owner is a company (or other incorporated entity)
  • the address you would like us to send the new certificate of registration to.

When we receive the email, we will register your change of address and send you the new certificate of registration by courier.

Related information:

Ship registration fees and charges

Find our ship registration fees, how they are applied and how you can pay them.
View fees and more

For more information

Contact us

If you have any questions about ship registration, contact us.

+64 4 473 0111