Maritime Rules 24A
Current version of Part 24A
This rule applies to:
- any New Zealand commercial ship or foreign ship in New Zealand waters.
Download Maritime Rules Part 24A[PDF: 280kB, 38 pages]
Part 24A applies to all persons involved in any way with the carriage of dangerous goods on a ship, whether they are shore-based or on board a ship, including:
- owners, operators and masters of ships
- shippers of dangerous goods
- any person engaged in packing dangerous goods or consolidating cargo containing dangerous goods for carriage on a ship
- any person who loads, stows or unloads dangerous goods on a ship
- any person who manufactures or supplies packaging for dangerous goods that will be carried on a ship
- any person, including a passenger, who carries dangerous goods onto a ship or allows them to be brought onto a ship.