Maritime Transport Instrument MTI-404.130-1
What this maritime transport instrument does
This maritime transport instrument (MTI-404.130-1) sets out further requirements in relation to fire appliances on vessels of 60 metres or more in length.
This maritime transport instrument comes into force on the same date that Maritime Rules Part 404 Design, Construction, and Equipment – New Zealand Cape Town Vessels and Foreign Cape Town Vessels comes into force.
Section 5 required standards to meet compliance
In addition to defining key terms and clarifying some discretions for surveyors, Section 5 of Instrument MTI 404.130-1 sets out the required standards to meet compliance for the following items:
- Cargo spaces – Fixed fire-extinguishing system
- Fire pumps
- Fire hydrants, fire hoses and nozzles
- Portable fire extinguishers in control stations, accommodation and service spaces
- Machinery spaces containing oil-fired boilers – Fixed fire-extinguishing systems, portable air-foam equipment, portable fire extinguishers, foam-type extinguisher and sand receptacle
- Spaces containing internal combustion machinery – Fixed fire-extinguishing systems, portable air-foam equipment, foam-type fire extinguishers, portable fire extinguishers
- Fixed fire extinguishing systems not required by this Part
- Firefighter’s outfits
- Fire control plan
Section 6 maintenance, inspection and servicing of fire appliances
Section 6 of Instrument 404.130-1 sets out the requirements for Maintenance, inspection, and servicing of fire appliances for vessels of 60 metres in length or more which are in accordance with the applicable requirements of Part 42B.Download MTI 404.130-1 [PDF: 199kB, 8 pages]
The following items are incorporated by Reference in Maritime Transport Instrument MTI 404.130-1
|Part 1 of Annex 1 to the International Code for Application of Fire Test Procedures, 2010 (2010 FTP Code) adopted by IMO Resolution MSC.307(88)
|AS/NZS 1530.3 titled Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures - Simultaneous determination of ignitability, flame propagation, heat release and smoke release
|NZS 5807 titled Code of Practice for Industrial Identification by Colour, Wording or other Coding
|The Cape Town Agreement 2012
Getting copies of material incorporated by reference
Some materials can be accessed and viewed free online, other material is subject to copyright and can either be purchased from the original source or viewed as an electronic copy at Maritime New Zealand.