Material incorporated by reference
- Part 23 - Operational Procedures and Training
- Part 24A - Carriage of Cargoes – Dangerous Goods
- Part 31 - Crewing and Watchkeeping
- Part 32 - Seafarer Certification
- Part 34 - Medical Standards
- Part 40B - Design, Construction and Equipment – SOLAS Ships
- Part 42B - Safety Equipment – Fire Appliance Performance Standards
- Part 46 - Surveys, Certification and Maintenance
- Part 123B - Documents (Record Books and Manuals)
- Part 130A - Shipboard Marine Oil Spill Contingency Plans
- Part 131 - Offshore Installations – Oil Spill Contingency Plans and Oil Pollution Prevention Certification
- Part 132 - New Zealand Oil Spill Control Agents
- Part 141 - Ship Design, Construction, Equipment and Operation – Noxious Liquid Substances in Bulk
- Part 142A - Documents (Certificates) – noxious liquid substances
- Part 142B - Documents (Record Books and Manuals) – Noxious Liquid Substances
- Part 143 - Shipboard Marine Pollution Emergency Plans for Noxious Liquid Substances
- Part 300 - Ballast Water Management
On 8 March, Maritime NZ gave notice of new and amended material incorporated by reference. The new and amended material relates to requirements in international conventions, and in particular:
- a new Polar Code
- a new safety code for SOLAS ships using gases or other low-flashpoint fuels (IGF Code)
- changes to codes for ships carrying solid bulk cargoes in bulk
- changes to codes for ships carrying dangerous chemicals in bulk
- changes in the convention for the prevention of pollution from ships
- changes for regulations for life-saving appliances
This notice is available on the New Zealand Gazette website:
Some materials can be accessed and viewed free online, other material is subject to copyright and can either be purchased from the original source or viewed as an electronic copy at Maritime New Zealand.
Viewing hard copies
Hard copies of all material incorporated by reference are available for viewing free of charge at the MNZ Wellington office, level 11, 1 Grey Street in New Zealand between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm, from Monday to Friday.
Call us on the number listed below and ask to speak to the Policy and Regulatory team to make an appointment.
New Zealand (toll free): 0508 22 55 22
Call from outside of New Zealand: +64 4 473 0111
Purchasing hard copies
Hard copies of the material incorporated by reference may be purchased from the relevant publisher.
Material published by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) can be purchased from the IMO webshop, where publications are searchable according to name and code.
New Zealand Standards can be purchased from Standards New Zealand.
Australian Standards can be purchased from Standards Australia, where publications are searchable according to name and code.
Resolutions of committees of the IMO may be accessed from the IMO’s website: