Maritime Rules Part 46
Current version of Part 46
This rule is made up of:
- Section 1, which applies to:
- applicable New Zealand ships
- Section 3, which applies to:
- New Zealand barges of 24 metres or more in length which do not carry any person on board while underway
- Section 4, which relates to:
- foreign ships while they are at a New Zealand port or operating on the New Zealand coast.
Changes to Part 46 from 1 July 2014 - Sections 2 and 5 of Part 46 were revoked on 1 July 2014.
While Maritime Rules Part 46 is partially revoked by Maritime Rules Part 44, sections 2 and 5 of Part 46 continue to apply to maritime transport operators who are operating under a deemed Maritime Transport Operator Certificate (the Safe Ship Management Certificate held prior to 1 July 2014) after 1 July 2014 (and whose vessels are being operated under a deemed Certificate of Survey) until the deemed Maritime Transport Operator Certificate expires.
If you are a maritime transport operator operating under a deemed Maritime Transport Operator Certificate after 1 July 2014, please refer to this consolidation of Part 46, which includes the revoked sections.
- Section 2 applies to New Zealand ships which operate in approved Safe Ship Management systems.
- Section 5 deals with recognition as a surveyor.