The Port Health and Safety Leadership Group
Learn about the Port Health and Safety Leadership Group.
We are a tripartite group, made up of port and stevedoring companies, unions, the Port Industry Association, Maritime NZ and WorkSafe NZ representatives, all working in partnership to drive a step change in health and safety in New Zealand ports.
Safety, for us, is embodied by the whakataukī:
He waka eke noa - a canoe which we are all in with no exception
Together, our vision is to create:
A high performing, resilient port sector where people thrive and worker health and safety is prioritised through high-trust, tripartite collaboration.
Who we are
The membership of the group includes:
- Maritime NZ (Kirstie Hewlett, The Chief Executive of Maritime NZ and Chair of the Leadership Group)
- the Port Industry Association (Pat Kirk, Chair of the Port Industry Association)
- Ports (Roger Gray, Chief Executive Ports of Auckland and Jon Moore, Chief Executive Northport)
- Stevedoring companies (Paul Cameron, Chief Executive ISO and Gavin Hudson, Chief Executive C3).
- the Maritime Union of New Zealand (Craig Harrison, National Secretary)
- the Rail and Maritime Transport Union of New Zealand (Aubrey Wilkinson, National President); and
- WorkSafe NZ (Phil Parkes, Chief Executive).
Stay in the loop
View all of our monthly newsletters online.
If you would like to subscribe to updates about our work please sign up below:
Port group updates
In the media
Read our latest media releases: